As an infertility specialist, my expertise encompasses all areas of fertility and I experience great satisfaction and pleasure in helping my patients overcome their fertility issues.
I have experience treating all female and male fertility issues including recurrent miscarriage, egg freezing, surrogacy, donor egg and sperm, and in-vitro maturation (IVM).
Specialist fertility treatments
- In vitro fertilisation (IVF) and IVF with intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI): Used to treat a wide range of fertility problems, the IVF process involves fertilising mature eggs in the laboratory and transferring them to the woman’s uterus.
- Intracytoplasmic sperm injection (ICSI): ICSI is the method of fertilisation used in IVF that involves injecting a single sperm into each egg, and is used if there are abnormalities with the quality of your sperm.
- Ovulation Induction (OI): For women who have irregular periods or no periods, OI can be used to stimulate ovulation.
- Artificial insemination (IUI): Used to treat short-term unexplained infertility, or when there is mild sperm abnormality. IUI involves inserting a prepared sperm sample into the uterus and is timed with ovulation.
- In vitro-maturation (IVM): In IVM, eggs are collected before maturation and allowed to mature in the laboratory, before being fertilised and transferred to the uterus. This method is usually used when standard IVF is not a viable option or in cases where there is a high risk of overstimulation (OHSS).
- Egg freezing: For women who want to preserve their fertility, egg freezing allows the storage of your eggs for future use. Other methods of fertility preservation include embryo freezing and ovarian tissue freezing.
- Surrogacy: Sometimes a woman is unable to carry her own child and surrogacy having another woman carry the child for her is the only option. Same-sex couples may also choose to use a surrogate to create their own family.